While almost everyone daydreams about their retirement days – lying on a beach or hitting the links – these frightening facts below may make planning for your golden years seem like more of a nightmare.
5 Frightening Retirement Facts
1. One in three Americans have nothing saved for retirement.
2. Approximately three-quarters of Baby Boomers aren’t confident that they have saved enough for retirement.
3. Seniors are beginning to file bankruptcy at a rate that is more than double what it was 25 years ago.
4. More than one-third of retirement-aged homeowners still have mortgage debt.
5. A couple may spend an estimated $245,000 on healthcare throughout retirement.
These statistics point to an increased need for financial professionals, like insurance agents, who can help guide individuals through the retirement planning process in order to provide a secure future for individuals, as well as their loved ones.
Learn more today about how you can help your clients prepare for their future.
If you want more information on retirement, InternetCE is here to help with all your North Carolina insurance continuing education needs! Click here to learn more about helping clients use annuities and insurance to make the most of their retirement years.