The weather gets crisper, the Halloween costumes get tucked away, and the unmistakable change to the holiday season is here. As an insurance agent, be it for property and casualty insurance, accident and health insurance, or life insurance, you value the role you get to play for your clients. You maintain your insurance license and regularly take online continuing education (CE) courses. These CE courses help you stay knowledgeable in the field and provide you with CE credits you need. Those efforts will help you be a successful insurance agent, but there’s nothing like the holiday season to reach out to thank your clients and let them know they are valued personally. The question is, how do you go about doing it? Below are several ideas to help bring joy to your clients this holiday season.
A special note
- Email a “thank you” message or mail a holiday card with a seasonal photo of you, your family or your team
Social media message
- Post a thank you message and holiday wishes on your social media accounts
- Spotlight a couple of your valued clients on social media
Charity work in honor of your clients
- Give a charitable gift on behalf of your clients
- Establish a toy or coat drive in your office that your clients can contribute to in an effort to give back to a local charity or organization
- Offer cookies and cocoa to any clients who stop by during the holidays
- Host New Year’s bagel brunch to kick off 2020
- Deliver an ornament, poinsettia, seasonal candle, or wreath
Treats and goodies
- Deliver or mail out a gift basket from a local bakery or gift shop
- Create a mason jar mix (such as cookies, brownies, or hot cocoa)
- Send simple, practical household items such as a cutting board, cooking utensils, picture frame, personalized welcome sign, etc.
- Purchase a short or long-term magazine subscription
- Gift an intriguing coffee table book or your favorite novel
- Send your client a calendar magnet with your business card on it, a koozie, useful tool, magnet, etc.