Medigap has and continues to be, a critical source of supplemental coverage for Medicare beneficiaries. It has many advantages, the main one being that seniors are able to purchase Medigap coverage to protect themselves from high out-of-pocket costs that are not covered by Medicare. Medigap also allows them to budget for medical expenses and avoid the confusion and burdens of handling complicated bills from multiple health care providers.
Some more advantages of Medigap:
- More physicians to choose from
- Lower out-of-pocket expenses than most comparable Medicare Advantage plans
- The options are relatively straightforward
- Reduced paperwork for the beneficiary – let Medigap do the work!
- No referrals to see specialists
Want to learn more about Medigap Insurance offerings? InternetCE is here to help with all your North Carolina insurance continuing education needs! Check out our newest course, Modern Day Medigap for an in-depth look at this insurance offering as well as some ethical and legal considerations insurance producers must take into account as they market and sell Medigap plans to consumers today.